Searching for a wedding venue can give any couple anxiety. After all, your venue will be the base of your big day, and should be nothing less than spectacular! There is so much to consider, such as the aesthetic appeal, perks, services, and especially the price.
Related: Tips for Seating Your Wedding Guests
But, before you sign any contracts for a venue, you need to be fully informed as to what you will be presented with!
Every couple deserves to book the best wedding venue! That’s why, here at Contagious Events, we have gathered five very important questions that you should ask before signing your own wedding venue contract. Be sure to continue reading to discover some helpful insight:
- Is There Enough Space? Think of how many guests are on your list. Your venue needs to be able to accommodate all of them! Is there enough space in your venue for all of your guests to fit comfortably? Overall, just ensure that you don’t squeeze into a space, as you want enough room for all of your tables, dance floor, and for guests to be able to walk around and mingle. A tight space, regardless of how beautiful it may be, certainly isn’t ideal.
- Will It Be Available on Your Chosen Date? Your chosen wedding date may be very important to you. Is your venue available on this date? If not, you may need to compromise on your date or find a new venue. Most importantly, if you have a date set in mind that you won’t change, don’t tour a venue unless it’s available! After all, you wouldn’t want to fall in love with a setting that you couldn’t book.
- What Is the Alcohol Policy? A celebration is not as much fun if you are restricted from featuring your favorite drinks. Ask your venue what their alcohol policy is before signing a contract. Some venues allow you to bring outside alcohol, while others may ban it, or require that you use their bar services. Be sure to gather all of the details before moving forward.
- What Extra Perks Do They Offer? Be sure to ask what extra perks your venue offers, such as handicap accessibility, special parking, security, or any other miscellaneous rentals that could be useful to you, such as tables and chairs, along with speakers. You will want to ensure that you get the most out of your venue!
- What Extra Fees Will Be Added? When it comes down to the final price, too many couples are hit with extra fees that break the bank. You should be ready for these hidden costs before you sign the contract. If your wedding were to run over the allotted time frame, will you be charged extra? These are things that you will want to consider.
Asking these questions before you sign your life away can save you a lot of heartaches! After all, being prepared for such an important event is certainly of importance.
More Reading: Unconventional Ideas for a Unique Wedding
Along with discovering your venue, you will also need to choose your wedding planner in Boston, Massachusetts. So, please fill out our Mad Libs today here at Contagious Events, so that we can begin planning your big day!